Fleet Feet Sports wants to help you get dirty! Learn the ins and outs, ups and downs of trail running and get to know the cool and unique community that is trail. This 9 week training program will get you ready for the Blood Sweat and Beers Trail Run on July 26, 2015 and the Run on the Sly on August 16, 2015. These events will sell out so sign up soon! Please note, there are a few prerequisites for joining this program. See below.
Dirty Fun Trail Training
- Registration Opens: Monday, April 6, 2015
- Registration Fee: $139
- Kick-off and Information Event: Wednesday, June 10, 2015
- First group workout: Sunday, June 14, 2015 at 7:30 am
- Weeknight workouts - Wednesday at 6:30pm
- Weekend workouts - Sunday at 7:30am
- Consider Boot Camp as a cross training activity on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Registration does not include race registration
- Goal Events: Blood Sweat and Beers Trail Run and Run on the Sly
New Trails this Season! Group workouts are every Wednesday at 6:30 pm and every Sunday at 7:30 am. Wednesday workouts will be held on the trails behind Cavitt Jr High School in Granite Bay, in the Auburn Hills and along Nimbus Bluffs. Weekend workouts will include Mama Bear Loop, Rattlesnake Bar, Salmon Falls and more. There will be one workout at Sly Park off Hwy 50. Most Sunday trails are a 45 - 60 minute drive from downtown. You will learn a variety of trails that you can return to and enjoy for years to come.
- $15 Fleet Feet Sports Coupon
- Daily Training Schedules
- Twice a week group training sessions
- 9 week training for walk/runners and runners (pace minimum required)
- Experienced Coaches to Support You Along the Way
- Workouts at some of the area's best trails
- New Balance Shoe Demo Days
- Energy Replacement Drinks and Water at all Workouts
- Weekly Training Newsletter
- Education on Proper Trail Running Technique, Fueling, Stretching, and More
- Learn Safety in the Wild
- Pro-rated registration fee if transferring to CIM
- DIRTY FUN!
Required Activity Level Before Start of Training
Because of the "wild" nature of this training, there are a few prerequisites for joining the program:
- Currently running 4 - 5 days/wk. and a minimum of 50 - 60 minutes per run
- Injury free and able to run continuously for 6 miles on trail (first long workout)
- Not afraid of dirt, enjoy beautiful scenery and love a challenge!
- Practical application and understanding of fueling, hydration, and stretching
- 11 Minute Per Mile and Faster Training Group - This group is for you if you can keep a pace of 11 minutes per mile or faster (on road) for 5+ miles. The longest workout for this group will be roughly 14 miles and will train you for the 10.5 mile race at Blood Sweat & Beers and the 13.1 mile race at Run on the Sly.
- 11-13 Minute Per Mile Training Group - This group is for you if you can keep a pace between 11 - 13 minutes per mile (on road) for 5+ miles. The longest workout for this group will be roughly 7 - 8 miles and will train you for the 5.9 mile race at Blood Sweat & Beers and the 7.5 mile race at Run on the Sly. For the safety of everyone on the trails, this group of trainees cannot go further than the listed mileage during group workouts and must be committed to working hard and keeping up their pace throughout the workout. Unfortunately, this program is not for hikers and walkers.
Mo Bartley: 5-time Western States 100 Finisher and represented the US Women's Team in the World 100 km Championship. With her trail experience and fun attitude, Mo will turn you into a trail junkie!
Mark Quillici: A longtime runner, Mark began coaching for Fleet Feet Sports In 2007 specializing in the No Boundaries, Shamrockn’ Half Marathon, and CIM training programs. For the past four years Mark has focused on the Trail Training programs, and competes in 50K and 50 mile races. Mark is also the Director of Fleet Feet Sacramento’s Project Fit Program, a non-profit youth fitness initiative.
Jonathan Rihel: As a long time J Street staffer, shoe buyer and trail runner, Jonathan brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the trail training programs. He coached collegiate cross country and track for 3 years and loves the thrill of exploring new trails.
Tim Twietmeyer: 5-time Western States 100 Champion (that's 100-miles folks!) and has completed over 100 ultra marathons and 60 marathons. Tim is a super-star ultra runner who loves to share his stories and knowledge. Tim will make special guest appearances at a few workouts during Dirty Fun..
Registration fee: TBD
No refunds after date TBD. No exchanges or transfers at any time.
Kick-Off and Information Night
A kick-off night will be held in June 10, 2015
If you have specific questions, please email email@example.com